Notice Concerning Children. We are a general audience Website, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children who are under thirteen (13) years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Website user is under age thirteen (13), we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
A. Types of Information Collected.
1. Traffic Date. We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit this Website: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing this Website; and (iv) types of web browsers used to access this Website (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you, but that is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on this Website. We also use “cookies” to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to store your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit this Website;
2. Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to this Website. Cookies help us learn which areas of our site are useful and which areas need improvement. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on this Website other than cookies. Promotions or advertisements displayed on this Website also may contain cookies. We do not have access to, or control over, information that may be collected by outside advertisers on this Website. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at this Website may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended; and
3. Personal Information. In order for you to access certain services that we offer via this Website, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (i) “Contact Data” (such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address); ii) “Financial Data” (such as your account or credit card number); (iii) “Demographic Data” (such as your zip code, age, and income); and (iv) in certain instances, “Medical Data” (such as your gender, weight, height and certain medical conditions or treatments). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms or surveys, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
B. Use and Sharing of Information Collected.
C. Opt-Out Policy.
D. Sale of Collected Information.
In order to accommodate changes in our business, Profil Institute may sell or buy, as applicable, portions of our company or other companies or assets, which portions or assets may include the information collected through this Website. If Profil Institute, or substantially all of the assets of Profil Institute, are acquired, Personal Information may be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
E. Protecting User Information.
1. Security of Personal Information. Your Personal Information is stored on secure servers that are not accessible by third parties, and which are only accessible by selected Profil Institute representatives via password. We provide you with the capability to transmit your Personal Information via secured and encrypted channels if you use a similarly equipped web browser;
3. Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if your user name, password, credit card or other personally identifiable information is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that user name, password, credit card number or other personally identifiable information from your account and update our records accordingly.
F. Accessing, Correcting and Updating Your Information.
You have the right to access, review and correct your Personal Information collected by Profil Institute. You may do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, address and e-mail address and the nature of your request on your correspondence.
G. Website Areas Beyond Profil’s Control.
1. Public Forums. This Website may include interactive forums such as message boards and chat rooms. Please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information in these interactive forums; and
2. Third Party Websites. This Website may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
I. Contacting Us.
Effective Date: May 17th, 2010